:: Re: [DNG] Kernel modules not found …
Author: Olaf Meeuwissen
To: KatolaZ
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Kernel modules not found during Beowulf install
Hi KatolaZ,

KatolaZ writes:

> On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 05:05:44PM +0900, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> # Full well aware that this is still experimental but ...
>>
>> I just tried installing from the netboot/gtk/mini.iso downloaded from
>>
>> http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/devuan/dists/unstable/main/installer-amd64/
>>
>> but ran into the following warning on the Download installer components
>> "page":
>>
>> No kernel modules were found. This probably is due to a mismatch
>> between the kernel used by this version of the installer and the
>> kernel version available in the archive.
>

> Hi Olaf,
>
> I will rebuild the installer later today. Stay tuned.

Still staying tuned but I guess you were too busy fooling around ;-P

Seriously though, the Devuan netboot image being at the "mercy" of the
Debian package repository for its kernel modules probably needs a more
robust solution than a manual rebuild when a random user catches the
netboot installer with its pants down.

The netinst installer does not suffer from this so adding it to the
installer options would be one solution. Adding the kernel modules
used by the netboot installer to the Devuan repository is another.

The former should be pretty straightforward, I think. No idea about
the latter.

Hope this helps,