:: Re: [DNG] Fwd: April's fools mess
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Fwd: April's fools mess
On Monday 01 April 2019 at 20:39:27, Mike Bird wrote:

> On Mon April 1 2019 11:12:34 Antony Stone wrote:
> > On Monday 01 April 2019 at 20:05:11, Mike Bird wrote:
> > Which part of the following did you not understand?
>
> The post was easy to understand.
>
> It may be true. Or maybe not.

So, you did not believe one of the primary project contributors when he admits
to having created the hoax?

Are you suggesting that KatolaZ is trying to cover up a genuine security
breach by pretending that it was an April Fool of his own doing?

> Sysadmins are entrusted with people's data - their bank accounts and credit
> cards and personal photos and private messages and much more.

Under appropriate access control laws, yes.

> Any syadmin who thought the posted explanation to be adequate would be sued
> or fired, and deservedly so.

I totally disagree.

1a. Sued for what?

1b. By whom?

2. Fired for what?

> If Devuan does not take security seriously it is
> worse than worthless.

Nothing about this prank has been about an actual security breach, and if you
don't believe one of the five people who have full access to Devuan's
infrastructure then maybe this project is not the right one for you. You may
be better off with Linux From Scratch.

Regards,

Antony.

--
The first fifty percent of an engineering project takes ninety percent of the
time, and the remaining fifty percent takes another ninety percent of the time.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.