:: Re: [Libbitcoin] address collision?
Author: Eric Voskuil
To: Neill Miller
CC: libbitcoin
Subject: Re: [Libbitcoin] address collision?
Libbitcoin seeding wouldn’t contribute to an increased likelihood of finding a hash collision. For example, a poor seeding algorithm, such as one that less-than-randomly duplicates values, would only make finding a collision *less* likely. The best approach for collision finding may be to just increment from zero (ie avoiding duplicates).

Unfortunately it’s impossible to verify this claim, so I’d take it with a bit of salt. On the other hand hash collisions do happen. It’s just a matter of probability.