:: Re: [devuan-dev] Request for CI
Author: KatolaZ
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Request for CI
On Sun, Mar 17, 2019 at 11:14:46AM +0000, Dmitry Bogatov wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I just pushed into git.devuan.org/KAction/apt-cacher-ng new branch
> suites/unstable.
>
> Please, move it to CI and help me do what else required to get
> apt-cacher-ng into ceres.

Dear Dmitry,

first of all, thanks a lot for your contribution. Indeed, the need to
remove libsystemd0 deps has recently become much less important due to
the latest libelogind0, which is API-compatible with libsystemd0, and
available in both Beowulf and unstable.

The main reason we stopped nuking libsystemd0 deps in Devuan was that
it is indeed a harmless dep if systemd is not running (as mentioned by
Hleb Valeska), and we would have needed many more developers to
maintain all the packages that depend on it (there are about 180 of
those in unstable at the moment). For that reason, any package forked
to remove libsystemd0 is not considered vital, and removed (i.e.,
reverted back to the Debian version) close to a release if it gets
discarded by the maintainer.

If you still would like your version of apt-cacher-ng to be included
in unstable, I will be happy to review the package.

HH

KatolaZ