:: Re: [DNG] USB mounting
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] USB mounting
On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 09:55:43 -0400, Hendrik wrote in message
<20190315135543.w5zf54dl2rwahk2h@???>:

> On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 09:15:52AM +0100, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> > On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 01:10:12 -0400, Steve wrote in message
> > <20190315011012.14cfcb85@???>:
> >
> > ...whenever you stick anything into that box in front of you.
> >
> > ..now, some of us also play with boxes far away over ssh... ;o)
>
> Now we need to know more about the circumstances.
> How are you inserting a USBB stick when the box is far away?
> A remote robot in chargeU of e rack of USB sticks?

..me? ;o) Maybe dropping usb key "bombs" into those usb holes
from my r/c B-17E... once I have my model Norden sight set up
straight... ;oD

> Random peope in the mall sticking USB sticks into the kiossk you're
> taking to? Or something less far-fetched?

..yeah, like those random people that you're _not_ talking to,
because you and they have no idea about each others presence,
sticking USB sticks into one of the "pc" like server boxes you're
working on... e.g. dmesg -Hw in another ssh session would help if
you set up enough system paranoia, and not too much... like when
I locked myself out of my isp's bandwidth throttle box...

Scenarios always come in sets of three: