:: Re: [DNG] new freedesktop "standard…
Author: Nate Bargmann
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] new freedesktop "standard": /etc/machine-id
* On 2019 09 Mar 07:05 -0600, al3xu5 / dotcommon wrote:
> using the `hostid` command, I have (Devuan ASCII):
>
> $ hostid
> 007f0101
>
> which is the same value!!!
>
> I wonder... is it a "fixed" id for all Devuan installation as it seems to be?

I get the same value on Debian Jessie i686, Debian Buster amd64,
Raspbian Stretch, and Debian Stretch i686, amd64, and armhf. On
another Raspbian derivative machine I get:

$ hostid
a8c03d19

however.

On a Slackware 14.2 i686 VM I get:

$ hostid
007f0100

On a Slackware 14.2 x86_64 VM I get:

$ hostid
007f0200

> And if it is so,is it correct that it is?

It looks to me as though Debian and most derivatives mostly have the
same value. Perhaps this is a value that can be set when compiling
glibc?

- Nate

Web: http://www.n0nb.us GPG key: D55A8819 GitHub: N0NB