:: Re: [maemo-leste] Lay common founda…
Author: Merlijn Wajer
To: H. Nikolaus Schaller
CC: Paweł Chmiel, Tony Lindgren, Philipp Rossak, linux-omap, Ivaylo Dimitrov, moaz korena, Filip Matijević, kernel, Discussions about the Letux Kernel, Adam Ford, Tomi Valkeinen, maemo-leste
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Lay common foundation to make PVR/SGX work without hacks on OMAP34xx, OMAP36xx, AM335x and potentially OMAP4, OMAP5
Hi,

>>> At least I can download and start firmware. I just have to find a way to fix the omaplfb so that it works
>>> with our omapdrm based panels to runs the CLipBlit test [1] on modern kernels...
>>
>> Maybe you can compare with what we have here:
>> https://github.com/maemo-leste/n9xx-linux/tree/pvr-wip-4.15.7/drivers/gpu/pvr
>
> I'll take a look into it especially how omaplfb is done.
>
> First observation is that there is a "flat" tree while I am working on a structured one...
> But that is just a marginal difference (mainly significant for Makefile writers).

I've ported the Maemo Leste kernel + pvr to 5.0 and it seems to work:
https://github.com/maemo-leste/n9xx-linux/commits/pvr-wip-5.0.y

Should I add this as maemo-leste-n900-5.0 branch (or something) to
https://github.com/openpvrsgx-devgroup/linux_openpvrsgx ?

Cheers,
Merlijn

PS: Would be nice if we can just get a ML with archives soon.