:: Re: [DNG] unatternded upgrades by d…
Author: Clarke Sideroad
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] unatternded upgrades by default in Debian
I'm also a person who thinks unattended security upgrades should be an
informed choice of an installer not a default.

My perspective is a little distorted due to experiences in a past life
with Microsoft Windows "Automatic Updates" run amok.
In fact these days, other than the occasional hardware failure, this
unintentional corporate malware seems to be the only thing that keeps
dragging me back into the Windows world.

I don't do Apple, I understand their hardware and software platform is
less varied and therefore automatic updates would seem to be a smaller
risk, but I hear from captives inside their walls that things are not
always rosy.

Automatic Updates sound like a heck of a good thing to enable, but it is
a trade-off that requires implicit trust of the sources.

Devuan GNU/Linux is about choice, lets keep "unintended updates" as one
of those choices.

Clarke