:: Re: [DNG] Beowulf: eudev does not s…
Author: Dimitris
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Beowulf: eudev does not start at boot, making Xorg unusable
On 2/9/19 12:01 PM, KatolaZ wrote:
> What you seem to have in common is openrc (while I am on vanilla
> sysvinit). You should check that the udev/eudev service script is in
> place and/or it is trying to run the correct thing.

i think i found the problem. it's just a typo most probably.

line 5 in /etc/init.d/eudev , change unmountroot -> umountroot

tried broken version 3.2.7-5 again and saw just a flash of a message
during boot: "eudev requires unmountroot" or something similar, and
eudev failed. then checked init.d/eudev and show the typo. replaced it,
and i was able to boot correctly with newer version.

# apt policy eudev
eudev:
Installed: 3.2.7-5

thanks,