:: Re: [DNG] Beowulf: eudev does not s…
Author: Gonzalo Pérez de Olaguer Córdoba
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Beowulf: eudev does not start at boot, making Xorg unusable
Hi Alessandro.

El Sat, 9 Feb 2019 00:40:41 +0100
Alessandro Selli <alessandroselli@???> escribió:

> On 09/02/19 at 00:13, Gonzalo Pérez de Olaguer Córdoba wrote:
> > Hi Alessandro.
> >
> > El Fri, 8 Feb 2019 21:53:44 +0100
> > Alessandro Selli <alessandroselli@???> escribió:
> >
> >>     This afternoon I happened to be surprised I could not use my
> >> laptop's GUI because the screen was unresponsive to both keyboard and
> >> mouse.  The laptop was not frozen though, a clock in the DM display was
> >> running.
> >>
> >>   Logging-in from another PC [...]
> > In common situations there is no need to login from another PC.
> > You can press Ctrl-Alt-F1 (handled by the kernel, not by the X system)
> > to get a text console (Alt-F7 to go back to the graphics).
>

>   Which side of: "the screen was unresponsive to both keyboard and
> mouse" was not clear?

'the screen' is not clear to me. I suspect it means something else that
is not a screen, because screens are not in charge of responding to
keyboards or mouses. The kernel does it, Xorg also does it.

I'm not sure of whether eudev can be responsible of locking the
keyboard management functions of the kernel, and of course I may be
wrong, but if Ctrl-Alt-F1 doesn't work, maybe the issue is not
precisely related to 'stopped eudev prevents Xorg for working',
as suggested by the subject.

I think it may be a point to take into account. Just that.

Cheers,
Salo.

--
   Gonzalo Pérez de Olaguer Córdoba       salo@???
  -=- buscando empleo desde 1988 -=-       www.gpoc.es

PGP: 3F87 CCE7 8B35 8C06 E637 2D57 5723 9984 718C A614