:: Re: [DNG] OT: Changing xfce4-termin…
Author: golinux
To: dng
New-Topics: [DNG] .Xresources: was: Changing xfce4-terminal window frame color
Subject: Re: [DNG] OT: Changing xfce4-terminal window frame color
On 2019-01-30 07:28, Gonzalo Pérez de Olaguer Córdoba wrote:
> Hi, hal.
>
> El Wed, 30 Jan 2019 06:53:33 -0600
> hal <vmlinux@???> escribió:
>
>> [...] How does one go about changing the colors without theming?
>
> The X Window System provides a standard way to configure the widgets,
> but I don't know if it respects it in any case or it depends on the
> graphics library respecting those settings.
>
> Here's what I have in ~/.Xresources:
>
> <--- begin
> ! xterm settings
>
> XTerm*reverseVideo: true
> XTerm*utf8Title: true
> ! medium sized font by default
> XTerm*initialFont: 4
> ! make Meta-key be Alt instead of Esc
> XTerm*metaSendsEscape: true
> <--- end
>
> And here's what I have in ~/.gtkrc-2.0 to darken the selected tab
> in the panel/tasklist under xfce:
>
> <--- begin
> style "modified_panel" = "default"
> {
>         bg[ACTIVE] = "#a0a0a0"
> }

> widget_class "*Panel*" style "modified_panel"
> class "*Panel*" style "modified_panel"
> <--- end
>
> I hope this helps you to get some ideas.
> Salo.

Oh, thanks for reminding me about ~/.gtkrc-2.0. I used that
occasionally before starting to tweaking full themes. This should work
for you if you can identify the exact element that you want to change.
I'm assuming it will work in openbox but not sure . . .

Never played with ~/.Xresources but good to know about it.

golinux