:: [DNG] 2nd User cannot create icons/…
Author: terryc
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] 2nd User cannot create icons/launcher-XFCE
I've just assembled a new machine and intalled Devuan Ascii
from devuan_ascii_2.0.0_amd64_dvd-1.iso with update and upgrade from
pkgmanager.

The desktop is XFCE4 and the first installation user can create desktop
icons/launchers and have then run/start, but the added second user can
not achieve similar success.

The icon/launcher can be entered but it fails to launch and
gives a general multipart message of reasons for error, of which the
only relevant part is something about "policy".

The problem has to be some setting in XFCE, but I can not workout
which as this sort of issue hasn't arisen on linux in the previous
decades.

I've checked /etc/group and nothing springs to mind.
Both users are members of sudo, backup and the usual scanner, audio,
cdrom, etc.

The second user can start programs from the command line and the
Screen-right-click->Application->area-program function.

Unfortunately web-fu isn't clicking this morning to help and I'm hoping
some one may be able to provide information.

T.I.A.