:: Re: [DNG] Is NetworkManager suppose…
Author: Erik Christiansen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Is NetworkManager supposed to work?
On 09.01.19 13:48, Simon Walter wrote:
> This still did not work. So after learning about connman, I decided to
> try that. I removed NetworkManager and reinstalled connman and the
> "systray" app cmst "just worked". I cringe at that phrase. Sorry if it
> disturbs you too. LOL
>
> So I think I may never get to experience NetworkManager, but this is
> fine for now.

NetworkManager's history is littered with problem installations - I've
had to remove it from half a dozen installs of several linux distros
over the last decade. But it does seem to work these days. I have at
least one installation which does, so it is possible, despite a number
of very experienced users and admins swearing at it rather than by it.

Erik