:: Re: [DNG] excessive bounces
Author: Rowland Penny
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] excessive bounces
On Fri, 4 Jan 2019 04:21:28 -0800
Rick Moen <rick@???> wrote:

> Quoting Rowland Penny via Dng (dng@???):
> >
> > It has happened again, my membership to this list has been disabled
> > due to excessive bounces. I am fairly sure this isn't true, or I
> > would have told by one of the Samba team list moderators.
>        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> Sorry, just noticed the underlined bit. {scratches head} It's a
> mystery to me how and why Samba's _list moderators_ (by which I'm
> guessing you mean Samba's listadmins) would even have relevant data,
> let alone convey it to you.

Because, if the mails were bouncing, someone would get the bounce
reports and tell me. I get bounce reports for the samba and
samba-technical mailing lists (I am one of the moderators), so I know
what they look like.

Are you aware that I am one of the Samba team members ?

> Solving these problems, in my experience, requires at minimum
> involvement by site sysadmins with access to read MTA logs one one or
> both end (mailing list manager = MLM host and your receiving SMTP
> host), and preferably also the MLM's logs. Mailman's logs are by
> default world-readable by shell users. Typically, MTA logs are not.

Yes, I am totally aware of the above, but, as there is absolutely no
reason for the dng mails sent to me being bounced and that others have
had this happen to them, I feel the problem could be at the dng end.

Rowland