:: Re: [DNG] Added desktop-live to the…
Author: golinux
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Added desktop-live to the install guides
On 2019-01-02 05:50, Andres Suarez wrote:
> В Ср, 02/01/2019 в 00:48 -0600, golinux@??? пишет:

>> > What 'consciousness' you are talking about?!
>> >

>> I am talking about the consciousness/awareness that receives data in
>> the
>> form of eye:sights, ear:sounds, nose:smells, tongue:tastes,
>> body:physical sensations and mind:thoughts. It is the mere reception
>> of
>> these stimuli that turns our inner world and outer world so it's to
>> our
>> advantage to get to know the interaction between stimulation and
>> response intimately.
>>
>> Without great awareness in the present moment, we are carried along
>> by
>> emotional reactions to events instead of actually knowing and
>> understanding them. More often than not, that impulsive reactiveness
>> brings us much misery and pain. But if that same consciousness is
>> harnessed to focus on this never-ending stream of events moment to
>> moment, it begins to understand them in a very different way and
>> changes
>> the mind at a fundamental level.
>>
>> The ability to touch that understanding has declined over the last
>> 2500+
>> years and there will come a time when that knowledge will be
>> forgotten.
>> But it will be rediscovered sometime in the very distant future
>> because
>> it it cyclical as all things are.
>>
>> golinux
>>
> Beg pardon for the interruption: but actually that ability has
> increased in
> the last millennia. What hominids had 2500+ years ago was a primitive
> sense
> of reality, which gave rise to all that mysticism which prevails so
> far.
> Consciousness, defined as advanced awareness, was the last part to
> develop.
>
> That function allows you to build "Devuan Linux" instead of mixing
> with
> the sheep.

You are confusing "thinking" which observes and manipulates external
data with "knowing" which is a highly developed internal awareness of
how incoming data interacts with our sensory organs and how that in turn
generates unconscious knee-jerk emotional reactions that can lead to
rather unpleasant, harmful consequences.