:: Re: [DNG] Admins can you fix/set th…
Author: info at smallinnovations dot nl
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Admins can you fix/set the header overrides?
On 27-12-18 03:20, Rick Moen wrote:

> {sigh} Nobody listens.
>
> There is nothing needing a 'fix' (unless you wish to argue with
> operators of domains publishing aggressive DMARC policies (p=reject or
> p=quarantine) and convince them that such is an unwise policy). In a
> world where DMARC is being rolled out by many domains, mailing lists can
> either attempt to mitigate the DMARC-caused damage, or do nothing and
> let some subscribers and their readers figure out the hard way why
> certain posters aren't being received at certain domains (e.g., GMail)
> and are getting gradually auto-unsubscribed by Mailman on account of
> excessive 'bounce scores'.

So far i have just installed DMARC one time but if i remember it
correctly either SPF or DKIM had to be correct to accept the e-mail or
not. To quote my source "A message will fail DMARC if the message fails
both (1) SPF or SPF alignment and (2) DKIM or DKIM alignment.". DKIM
would be a hard nut to crack for MLM but SPF should not be a problem
then? Or do I overlook something?

Grtz.

Nick