:: Re: [DNG] slashes in FAT file names
Author: Olaf Meeuwissen
To: karl
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] slashes in FAT file names
Hi Karl,

karl@??? writes:

> Didier:
>> 2) there isn't a function in the C library which permits to change
>> the name of a file (or open it), except by giving its whole pathname.
>> Eg. it's not possible to open it from its directory entry.
>
> man openat
> man renameat

These still require a *pathname*, which is problematic in the case
Hendrik initially described as it contains a `/`.

I'm not sure whether Didier meant absolute or relative pathname but I'm
fairly certain that he was trying to point out that you cannot open or
rename a file using just its inode.

Hope this helps,