:: Re: [DNG] What should be the tasks …
Author: . fsmithred
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] What should be the tasks of the Devuan Installer
On 12/21/18, g4sra via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> Thanks for the video, it took me more than three attempts :P.
> I had existing partitions on the drive that I needed to keep so did not
> go near the 'use entire disk' option. The partitioning in the video does
> not encrypt the entire disk, it leaves /boot outside. Kernel and initrd
> are exposed giving a potential attack vector.

Yes, it's confusing. And yes, I made the video before I knew how to do
full disk encryption. I thought d-i did it correctly, but I might be
remembering wrong. I know refractainstaller will do full disk
encryption and add the cryptodisk line to /etc/default/grub. It won't
edit cryptsetup.functions for you to help with shutdown. I've seen a
few different fixes for that. If it's not fixed upstream, I guess I
should pick one.

fsr