:: [DNG] Multiple chromium mystery pro…
Author: golinux
To: Dng
Subject: [DNG] Multiple chromium mystery processes
I just noticed that chromium has started spawning multiple PIDs that
start with this string:

PID XXXX chromium --type=renderer --field-trial-handle=1
--primordial-pipe-token= and on and on including lots of number
sequences.

The complete string goes on for several page widths of my rather large
monitor. For every PID XXXX I kill, another one (or two) pops up. I
currently have about 15 with this prefix running and they all seem to be
sleeping. But I have had them peg out a core to 100%.

I searched a bit, and gather that this is phoning home with who knows
what information about my habits. That can't be a good thing. Does
anyone know how to kill it? Is there something comparable to
about:config in chromium?

Version 57.0.2987.98 Built on 8.7

Thanks,

golinux