:: Re: [DNG] ifstat.eth0 on Boot
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] ifstat.eth0 on Boot
Le 12/12/2018 à 14:18, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp a écrit :
> Am Mittwoch, 12. Dezember 2018 schrieb Didier Kryn:

>>> Now this is a neet tick! It also solves the issue that booting hangs on the said message when no network cable is attached to eth0.
>>>
>>> Nik
>>>
>>     Is it as simple as apt-get remove isc-dhcp-client; apt-get install
>> pump ?
> Yes, but I first installed pump and then purged isc-dhcp-client.

    This does not suppress at all the delay caused by waiting on the
eth0 lock. Which makes sense because detecting the status of eth0
precedes running dhcp requests on it.

    In addition, if you configure your network with net-tools and
remove isc-dhcp-client, you loose all connectivity because net-tools
invokes dhclient to make dhcp requests. Since pump and isc-dhcp-client
aren't mutually exclusive packages, it is clear that pump does not
provide a drop-in replacement for dhclient.

    Not clear how to configure the interfaces file for ifupdown to work
with pump because the logic isn't the same as dhclient: dhclient has one
daemon per interface, while the pump daemon manages all interfaces in
the same time. This would IMHO deserve a tutorial.

    Didier