:: Re: [DNG] mailing list software
Author: Martin Steigerwald
To: dng
Jim Jackson - 12.12.18, 15:33:
> On Wed, 12 Dec 2018, Rick Moen wrote:
> > Quoting Lars Nood??n via Dng (dng@???):
> > > It's probably a time that Procmail be retired, and thus anything
> > > based on it. There have been a lot of reports in recent years of
> > > serious, unsafe bugs in its processing. However, there is this
> > > comment about it from a former Procmail maintainer to consider:
> > >
> > > https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=141634350915839&w=2
> >
> > Upon examination, it turns out that the known flaws in Procmail lack
> > any credible exploitation scenario. The matter was covered on
> > LWN.net a few years ago, and I'm pretty sure nothing has changed
> > substantively.
> >
> > (I've gone through this discussion several times since then on
> > mailing lists, and can dredge up details from those if necessary.)
>
> Just an aside - what are the alternatives to procmail?
> so far I've only found _maildrop_ as an in-line delivery filter.

Postfix has built-in minimal lda, but I use "dovecot-lda" as
"mailbox_command" in Postfix. I set it up for Sieve support which IMHO is
a nice way to speficy rules for IMAP based mail accounts.

I still receive a copy of mail via POP3 and let KMail sort it locally.
All mail it duplicated to IMAP account and "find -delete" removes older
mail. This IMAP account is for accessing via K9-Mail on smartphone.

--
Martin