:: Re: [DNG] mailing list software
Author: Martin Steigerwald
To: dng
Hi.

KatolaZ - 11.12.18, 19:26:
> On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 01:17:52PM -0500, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> > Looking for free software recommendats for managing a few small
> > mailing lists.
> >
> > Typically these will be for small groups of about five to twenty
> > subscribers, averaging one to five messages a day.
> >
> > Especially desired: simplicity and small footprint software.
> >
> > I'm currently using entries in /etc/aliases to accomplish this, but
> > this is too simplistic. Reply-to-list doesn't work because there
> > are
> > no list headers.
> >
> > Am currently using postfix.
>
> mailman.

AFAIK there are some smaller alternatives available, especially in case
no web interface is needed. I do not recall the actual names. I do not
recall the names currently. Sympa could be somewhat heavyweight as well.

Ah, I found it: smartlist. It appears to be a small, lightweight C
application. Debian is using this.

Thanks,
--
Martin