:: [devuan-dev] Some ideas
Author: Bardot Jérôme
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] Some ideas
Hello,

I don’t know if it’s the right place.

My ideas are about the debian installer.

If someone can 'mentor' (check if i do good work) me i ready to do it by
my self.

For the disk partition part.

Something can provide/recommend the best size for each partition
(function of disk available, goals of the installation (desktop, server)).

Provide an harden fstab.

For the configuration of package :

If you don’t know select one of the default following one :

  simple user

  simple gamer

  simple art creator

(Some preset for most usage they should improve user safety (block ads,
etc))

Desktop (just check the default one by name)

  gnome

  xfce

  i3

  kde

Add other task

  school

  medecine

  etc

Desktop simple users

  Internet

    chromium

    firefox

    etc

  Text :

    libreoffice

    latex (maybe)

Photo maker

  Darktable

  Gimp

Gamer

  rpg

  action

  etc

Server

 web

   apache

   nginx

==============

 Development

   IDE

   Python

   Bash

   c++

   php

   Virtual machine and container

   Packaging

     devuan packager stuff

Database administration

  mariadb

  postgresql

  [...]

Server administration

  ansible

  etc

Pentester

   kali stuff

   (it may needed a new way to switch between some conf files like for
not automaticly start network)

Add other task

  school

  medecine

Advanced users (maybe hidden ?)

kernel :

  linux

  hurd

  bsd

init system :

 sysinit

 openrc

Why make this change because free software need more dev, more users (
more money for professionnal stuff).

Provide some preset like this will make devuan/debian more attractive.
Default preset should be good for most of the users, but permit to make
custom package install permit to skip some time consuming choose
package/configuration

task.

Some of this task  should maybe done debian side ?

Is slim is maintain by devuan because is github repository say it should
not be use.