:: Re: [DNG] Devuan for Raspberry Pi f…
Author: Adam Borowski
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan for Raspberry Pi fried SD CARD.
On Sun, Dec 02, 2018 at 11:53:39PM +0100, Alessandro Selli wrote:
> On 02/12/18 at 17:23, Adam Borowski wrote:
> > You'd want to set noatime on every machine
> > you control.
>

>   Some mail servers and clients do use it to determine if a mail was
> read after it arrived.  In this case, it'd be better to have it set on /var.

That's no more. And, let me clarify: atime was used for mail:
* only with mbox (Maildir never suffered from this issue)
* only on the local machine
* only by the shell to say "You have new mail." vs "You have mail."
-- not even by the mail client

So the whole effort gave you just a single word in a message, that many
people even didn't notice.

And, popular local mail clients are already patched to update atime
explicitly.

Ie, atime for mail is an ex-reason.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Ivan was a wordly man: born in St. Petersburg, raised in