:: Re: [DNG] merging /tmp
Author: Rod Rodolico
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] merging /tmp
FWIW, I run several servers and I tried doing without swap a few years
ago. I think it was Wheezy, but it may be even older. If memory serves
me well, it was a couple of Xen DOM0's, and I was careful to allocate my
DOMU's so that I had 8-12G of RAM just for the DOM0.

I ended up with some erratic lockups on the servers, which I solved by
throwing creating a small swap (on a RAID, but I never expect the
machines to use swap). Since I've done that, I have had no other issues.

I did not investigate any further; I just figured I hacked off the Unix
gods by not having any swap. I'd advise testing like crazy before
putting a machine into production without a swap.

Rod