:: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to m…
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to merge... that is the question??
Quoting Didier Kryn (kryn@???):
> Rick, I'm very impressed by the level of responsibility which
> has been given to you. We certainly don't have the same mileage. You
> are a professional while I am just a somehow educated amateur.

Well, when I _started_ doing that, I was a staff accountant and tax
preparer with no IT experience whatsoever. I'm really not a lot smarter
or better informed (but OTOH still annoyingly well-preserved).

And, frankly, I don't do anything with kernels that I didn't do in the
1990s when I was just a staff accountant and tax preparer with zero IT
experience -- just the obvious. The tools are just a bit better, and
I'm faster at skim-reading the CVEs. (LASIK helps for us annoyingly
youthful-looking old people.)

And, of course, what was _really_ helpful in learning how to build and
run systems is having nobody tell me it was an unreasonable thing to
expect to run and administer my own servers, so I did so. Funny how
that works.