:: [devuan-dev] memtest missing from i…
Author: golinux
To: devuan-dev
Subject: [devuan-dev] memtest missing from isos but in the -live grub menu
FYI . . .

From #devuan [edited]

<Hurgotron> So I have this machine assembled from junk and I want to
install Devuan, but first test memory. My old Devuan install stick had a
mentest option. OK, let's download... minimal-live. No memtest. OK,
fair, it's minimal.
<Hurgotron> so I install netinst.iso. memtest option is there, but just
beeps. huh.
<Hurgotron> So I download desktop-live. memtest option is there, but
"file not found". WTF
<Hurgotron> jaromil: I have several ways to get memtest running. And
it's fine if the images don't inclide memtest for whateber reason. But
at least the menu entries should reflect that, IMO.
<Hurgotron> I guess I need to get involved and bei doing QA. Looks like
I'm prone to hit the not-working buttons.
<Hurgotron> I just verified my images again (this time with qemu) in
case I got something mixed up with my USB stick writing.
<Hurgotron> devuan_ascii_2.0.0_amd64_desktop-live.iso: no such file or
directory
<Hurgotron> devuan_ascii_2.0.0_amd64_netinst.iso: no memtest menu
<Hurgotron> devuan_ascii_2.0.0_amd64_minimal-live.iso: memtest menu just
beeps
<gnarface> damn
<gnarface> i wonder how long it's been missing
<gnarface> maybe something has just gone wrong with the build recently