:: Re: [DNG] yet another case of silly…
Author: Alessandro Selli
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] yet another case of silly Lennartism :p [Fwd: Our buildsystem may be broken: /bin vs /usr/bin]
On 21/11/18 at 18:21, Rowland Penny wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Nov 2018 18:05:44 +0100
> Alessandro Selli <alessandroselli@???> wrote:
>
>> On 21/11/18 at 17:57, Rowland Penny wrote:

>>> Well it would if you were trying to run sed directly,
>>
>>   Which side of "sed script with a shebang" do you fail to grasp?
> And which part of 'that isn't the problem' do you fail to grasp ?

  You asked:

From: "Dr. Nikolaus Klepp" <dr.klepp@???>
To: dng@???
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 17:22:00 +0100

"Why would anybody hardcode the link to sed in the first place? Isn't that what $PATH is all about?"

  I answered to this question.

> From the debian bug report:

  I did not answer any question about Debian bug reports, I answered to
the afore-quoted question.

  The Debian bug report is related anyway, because (though you didn't
know it) R itself can and in fact is used as a scripting language.

  See here, for an example:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3128122/shebang-line-not-working-in-r-script

--
Alessandro Selli <alessandroselli@???>