:: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to m…
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to merge... that is the question??
Quoting Harald Arnesen (skogtun@???):

> Why not just use "make deb-pkg" from the kernel source tree?

I'm a little unclear on whether this is a suggestion, ot a question, or
both, or a suggestion disguised as a question. ;->

Yesterday when I posted upthread, I had just then learned that
make-kpkg(1) had come to be deprecated. My longstanding workflow for
building kernel packages, to date, has been built around that nice
Debian tool. Probably it won't after eventual rearchitecting. I've had
other things occuping my time, so this is an area where the 'This
Toolchain Works, So Don't Fix It' principle had been in operation.

I'll get to evaluating and probably migrating over to The Slightly Shiny
in the fullness of time. (Yes, I'd been aware of 'make deb-pkg' from
the kernel guys, but hadn't used it because what I had in place already
met my needs.)