:: [devuan-dev] Beowulf desktop - cinn…
Author: golinux
To: devuan-dev
Subject: [devuan-dev] Beowulf desktop - cinnabar
Hi everybody,

Taking the first steps towards the Beowulf graphics. I'm calling this
theme "cinnabar". (2) Why this color palette? Well, Beowulf conjures
dark, bloody images of slain monsters and dragons.(1) And at Devuan we
are also slaying some "monsters" that at times have us seeing red.

Here are two versions. To get the full effect, please view at full
screen with no white nearby. Eventually a custom window theme and icons
will complete the Xfce desktop along with grub, slim and website
integration. I will assist anyone who wants to import this theme to
other desktops with color selection. Please voice your preference for
the default though both will be available in
/usr/share/xfce4/backdrops/:

https://dev1galaxy.org/files/lightondarker-final.png
https://dev1galaxy.org/files/darkonlight-final.png

Note these mockups are still a bit rough. The final images generated in
inkscape will be much more refined.

Cheers!

golinux

(1)