:: Re: [DNG] English grammar.
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] English grammar.
On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 16:11:38 +0000, Rowland wrote in message
<20181118161138.22cb1aa4@???>:

> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 10:11:50 -0500
> Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:
>
> > Changed the subject to a more appropriate one.

> > >   All right, I checked it and indeed I remembered wrong.  The
> > > Present Continuous Tense if formed by the Present Tense of "be"
> > > followed by a Present Participle.  In this case we have the
> > > Present Tense of "have" ("has") followed by the Present
> > > Participle of "be" ("been").  Which means that KatolaZ used the
> > > Present Perfect tense, which is used to express "an action
> > > happened at an unspecified time before now."
> >
> > What we have here is the passive perfect tense

> > > The most important aspect here is: "has been". Its in the past
> > > already and it does not determine the
> > > future.

> > 'has been' is a perfect tense for 'to be'. Combined with the
> > *past* participle of "cheered", it makes a passive verb.
> >

> No it isn't, 'has been' means in the past 'to be' means in the the
> future, as in 'has been seen' and 'to be seen'.
>
> But what do I know, I have only been speaking English for the last 62
> years, ever since I moved on from 'goo-goo-gaga' baby talk ;-)
>
> Rowland

..me, I totally boycotted grammar, took me about 30 years to see it
could be useful in news text trawling AI online, I was shown a java
demo on a few web articles on Clinton and the Starr-"investigation",
and named what I saw "associative grammar", on how that java demo
"understood" "there was something wrong about POTUS-42 and Monica",
a sort of output that can be useful in Wall Street AI, given decent
input. Was meant as an upgrade to "picking words" there, and I was
shown it to stop me growling at the author for wasting time on java
grammar programming, instead of on my thermochemical gasifier. ;o)

Scenarios always come in sets of three: