:: [devuan-dev] Call for action: Updat…
Author: KatolaZ
To: devuan-dev
Subject: [devuan-dev] Call for action: Update on beowulf/unstable todo
Hi there,

I had a go at the todo-list for beowulf/unstable. You find the list in
the Beowulf_todos pad:

https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/1/edit/aEXydBHk28Tormi6Vhyazg/EexaicIbGCz5Hj5+HPl4ZjNb/

I guess the todo list is more or less in chronologial order, since we
need to:

1) port to unstable all the packages that we built only for ascii, and
upgrade them to the latest version in Debian;

2) upgrade in unstable the packages that were upgraded only in ascii
(and bring them in line with the latest available version in Debian);

3) check that all the packages in unstable needs indeed to be forked
(at least 3 of them, plus all those marked with a '?'). Some of them
can probably be dropped since they only remove deps on libsystemd0
(and are quite important ones, e.g. openssh);

4) Port all the packages above plus the ones listed under "4)" from
unstable to beowulf, as soon as we are sure they are all right.

It will require a certain amount of job, but it should be doable in a
relatively short time. Just pick whatever you could help with, and
start hacking around.

The most important thing is that any package from now on (actually,
since a couple of months ago) will be built only for unstable, and
then (manually atm) moved to beowulf when we are sure that the package
will not cause major breakages. This means that you should work only
on the suites/unstable branch in git.devuan.org. New packages that are
neither in Debian nor already in Devuan will go first to experimental,
and should be developed in the corresponding "suites/experimental"
branch.

I know this email might sound like a call for Beowulf beta, and indeed
this is exactly what it should be ;P

HND

KatolaZ