:: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to m…
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to merge... that is the question??
On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 02:53:27 -0500, Steve wrote in message
<20181117025327.5e5ba9ea@???>:

> Now personally, my root partition is on an ssd, and it includes /usr
> so all my /usr/bin, /usr/local/bin, etc, come straight off SSD at
> lightning speed. I like it like that. But a lot of people want /usr to
> be mounted.

...e.g. on its own SSD.

> [snip remarks about tiny diskspace requiring the split:

...which is easily solved if you bother to learn LVM, e.g.:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_Volume_Manager_(Linux)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_volume_management

...and this gem: https://www.howtoforge.com/linux_lvm
Nobody ever saw this Debian Etch image as a viable start
point for devuan? Hindsight is annoying...

> That's not the source of my objection.]

Scenarios always come in sets of three: