:: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to m…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to merge... that is the question??
On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 12:08:34 +0100
Irrwahn <irrwahn@???> wrote:

> And bringing anything related to systemd into the picture just
> because its proponents also happen to support merged /usr is a red
> herring.

That's just not true.

We have a half a decade's history of seeing systemd stick its nose in
the tent, and then keep pushing until the DIY human must leave the
tent. I made very clear in my first post it's not a case of "just
because its proponents also happen to support merged /usr". It's
because eliminating /sbin (and also some others that Rick enumerated)
forces use of an initramfs, and the systemd forces can easily acquire,
monopolize and decompatablize the tools to create initramfs. After 5
years systemd observation, this is not paranoia, this is an educated
guess based on past behavior.

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2018 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical
Troubleshooting Brand new, second edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr