:: [devuan-dev] Devuan on Huawei w29c …
Author: Guido Maria Serra
To: devuan-dev@lists.dyne.org
Subject: [devuan-dev] Devuan on Huawei w29c // issues
Hi all,
I just need a couple of hints, I will go overnight over it on my own.

The situation is the following: I do need to recreate an installer image with a newer kernel image and grub
1- GRUB as currently available in devuan/ascii does not have load_video
issue: this leads to a black screen after grub menu (it is an UEFI only box)
2- WIFI is the Intel AC 8275 available only in certain tag version of Linux 4.9
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/a3e939dfe0a1e12a37ecd08ab89bb6115a490909
I did a `modinfo iwlwifi|head` and the firmware is clearly not there for this model
I can workaround issue1 with booting out of a ubuntu 18.10 grub (this is how I got a bootable box)
and issue2 by using an external usb-dongle... but I guess a clean installer would be appreciated...

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Modify/CustomKernel applies or
is there anything I shall be aware of, related to Devuan, that I will hit the wall on?

best regards,
GMS

p.s. I'm using Mailspring, I love it... but
seems not to have HTML vs plaintext
(don't shoot me if this goes off HTML)