:: [devuan-dev] Package maintenance di…
Author: KatolaZ
To: devuan-dev
Subject: [devuan-dev] Package maintenance discussions here
Dear D1devs,

as discussed on IRC #devuan-dev with some of you, we need a place to
coordinate package maintenance, since in several cases we have more
than one person working on a package. Now, we don't have hundreds of
maintainers, so it would make little sense to have separate mailing
lists of a handful of subscribers for each set of source packages
(like in Debian). Also, several people have asked how they can more
actively help Devuan, so having all the discussions on maintenance and
development in a single place would allow them to see where/how they
can contribute.

I think that this ML is perfect for that task (or why are we calling
it devuan-dev? :D), provided that:

- emails regarding a specific package are tagged, e.g. using [eudev],
[elogind], [whatever] in the subject;

- any general discussion not about Devuan development is left to
untagged or appropriately tagged emails, or moved to DNG.

The two principles above should allow anybody not interested in
specific packages/threads to skip the relevant emails altogether, and
anybody willing to help to find the information they need.

This would also mean re-setting the Maintainer: field of new or
updated packages to devuan-dev@, so that all the devs are abreast of
bug reports and similar stuff (and those emails will be automatically
tagged anyway).

Please tell clearly if there are any motivated opinions against that.

My2Cents

KatolaZ