:: Re: [DNG] Implementing directory se…
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Implementing directory services/Kerberos
Quoting Rowland Penny (rpenny@???):

> I will say it again (and yes, I might be biased here) A samba AD DC
> will do all of the above without all of the complexity of setting up
> LDAP and then extending it to just install users and groups.

Very good point, Rowland. The constraints my employer was on at the
time dictated a specific form for the solution, and the current querent
doesn't seem to have that problem, so indeed he could save quite a bit
of trouble by following your advice.

--
Cheers,                                           "A recursive .sig
Rick Moen                                         Can impart wisdom and truth.