:: Re: [DNG] Red Hat ends KDE support
Author: Martin Steigerwald
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Red Hat ends KDE support
J. Fahrner - 06.11.18, 10:21:
> Next step after systemd: Red Hat ends KDE support.
> Gnome will be the only supported dekstop environment.
> https://hub.packtpub.com/soon-rhel-red-hat-enterprise-linux-wont-suppo
> rt-kde/

We discussed this before in "ascii upgrade /w KDE" thread.

As I wrote there, I do not think there is much to see or anything to
really be upset about. I do not believe that the KDE community depends
in any major way on whether RedHat kind of supports KDE or not. See
also:

https://jriddell.org/2018/11/02/red-hat-and-kde/

SUSE dropped KDE for SLES 12 before, while OpenSUSE still carries and
supports it. I am pretty sure that Fedora will just support KDE as it
did so before.

Those questionable decisions affect their enterprise customers. But I do
not think they affect the communities in any major way.

Ciao,
--
Martin