:: Re: [DNG] ascii upgrade /w KDE
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Martin Steigerwald
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] ascii upgrade /w KDE
KatolaZ - 03.11.18, 17:49:
> On Sat, Nov 03, 2018 at 05:14:12PM +0100, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> > On Sat, 03 Nov 2018 12:16:01 +0100, Martin wrote in message
> >
> > <2230094.aIEOJzzQQQ@merkaba>:
> > > Arnt Karlsen - 03.11.18, 00:10:
> > >
> > > That is a pattern I saw with KDE project for quite some time. For
> > > example, Plasma's audio support called Phonon allows to plugin
> > > several multimedia frameworks.

> > ..here is where I should have said "maybe we should take over
> > KDE packaging in Debian like we did with sysvinit?", I see I
> > appear more, er, imperialistic than I meant to be. :o)
>
> I don't think there is an immediate need for taking over packaging of
> KDE in Debian, and I don't think you have an even rough idea of what
> kind of effort that would entail:
>

> https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=debian-qt-kde@lists.debian.
> org
> :)

I second this.

I work with Debian Qt/KDE team, helping here and there with user support
or bug triaging. They are doing an awesome job. And it is a lot of work
just to get Qt right. Then add all the KDE Framework packages on top of
it and Plasma, and KDE Application and what else not.

Some members of that team, like Maxy, are working heavily with
automating parts of packaging with scripts to handle the load. And Hefee
handles KDEPIM and Akonadi which is a beast by itself.

Of course, if anyone likes to help… go for it. It helps Devuan too :) We
are on irc.debian.org, channel #debian-qt-kde. There is also a mailing
list.

Thanks,
--
Martin