:: Re: [DNG] systemd in sane-backends
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] systemd in sane-backends
On Sat, 3 Nov 2018 10:28:44 +0100, aitor wrote in message
<4c20787a-8a56-e3d7-6b1d-5746e0af0a49@???>:

> Hi all,
>
> libsystemd-dev is present in the packaging of sane-backends in both
> jessie and ascii. As far as i know, the systemd utility in sane is
> useful only in the case of network printers. Am i wrong?

..I'd say yes, the whole point of Devuan is "ditch systemd and restore
init system freedom."

..now, we Devuan users may find ourselves visiting people with e.g.
Debian network printers, who e.g. needs help to ditch systemd and
restore init system freedom, so at least we need to be able to help
with that.

> dh-systemd and libsystemd-dev can be removed from debian/control
> replacing:
>
> dh $@ --parallel --with autotools_dev, systemd
>
> by
>
> dh $@ --parallel --with autotools_dev
>
> in debian/rules.

..do it, and holler when you need us testing it.

Scenarios always come in sets of three: