:: Re: [DNG] Well, this is interesting
Author: Jimmy Johnson
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Well, this is interesting
On 10/30/2018 03:56 PM, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Oct 2018 20:58:47 +0000, Rowland wrote in message
> <20181028205847.7fac4306@???>:
>
>> IBM is buying Red Hat.
>>
>> https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-28/ibm-is-said-to-near-deal-to-acquire-software-maker-red-hat
>>
>> Rowland
>
> ...and may be "coming for Red Hat developers … sometime in 2019?:
> https://devclass.com/2018/10/29/ibm-targets-red-hat-developers-sometime-in-2019/

I see nothing in this for the older user who wants a nice quite
computer, without background activity. I do hope IBM will welcome User
input.
I am partial towards IBM, they helped me with my education and without
their help I would not have been able to build my first
computer('75-'76). I feel they are open and trusting to keep a secret.
At the same time they will be developing a automated snooping
system-device, I say device because it's using the hardware drivers to
bind with the hardware for it's own use, has nothing to do with what the
user wants or needs to do and taking the data to cloud and who will they
deal with, suspect they are planning on .gov for a lot of money and will
they deal with MS, etc.? Who's in?
--
Jimmy Johnson

Slackware64 14.2 - KDE 4.14.32 - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda9
Registered Linux User #380263