:: Re: [DNG] util-linux needs an upgra…
Author: aitor_czr
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] util-linux needs an upgrade on ceres
Hi,

On 08/03/2018 03:42 PM, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> My monthly Devuan Docker image rebuild bombed today on ceres[1]. The
> base images for jessie, ascii and beowulf(!) built just fine.
>
> Looking into this, I found this in the debootstrap.log
>
>    dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of util-linux:
>     login (1:4.5-1.1) breaks util-linux (<< 2.32-0.2~) and is installed.
>      Version of util-linux to be configured is 2.27.1-1+devuan0.1.

> Looks like util-linux needs a bit of tender loving care on ceres.
>
> [1]:https://gitlab.com/paddy-hack/devuan/pipelines/27093166
>
> Hope this helps,

Referring to the packaging of util-linux again, the latest packaging
contains replicated dh-autoreconf in debian/rules. Removing them it'll
build succesfully.

http://packages.gnuinos.org/gnuinos/pool/main/u/util-linux/

On the other hand, the util-linux implementation of '/bin/su' is now
used, replacing the one previously supplied by src:shadow (shipped in
login package), and bringing Debian in line with other modern
distributions. Read the util-linux.NEWS file. Building Ceres with the
live-sdk, i've got the following errors related with 'su' in the
debootstrap.log file:

tar: ./bin/su: Cannot open: File exists
tar: ./etc/pam.d/su: Cannot open: File exists
tar: ./usr/share/man/man1/su.1.gz: Cannot open: File exists

So, the issue now stands in the 'login' package, isn't it?

I also got this other error in the debootstrap.log:

tar: ./usr/share/doc/util-linux/mount.txt: Cannot open: File exists

HTH,

Aitor.