:: Re: [devuan-dev] (forw) [DNG] Exces…
Author: Rick Moen
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] (forw) [DNG] Excessive Bounces
Quoting James Cloos (cloos@???):

> Recent versions of mailman (I think both 3 and 2) have a built-in option
> to do the from rewriting for mail from domains which have p=quarantine
> or p=reject.

Yes, this is _exactly_ what I was detailing.

I strongly recommend using _that_ DMARC remediation specifically, not
other ones such as the one on the admin webUI's General Options page.
The one I recommend is the one that applies From: munging _only_ to
posts from domains whose strongly asserted DMARC policies require that
kludge, and leaves other postings alone.

> I don't know which version mailinglists.dyne.org uses, but it should not
> be too much work to enable such re-writing.

I already posted about which Mailman version Dng uses. It's 2.1.23.
The several Mailman mitigations for DMARC are available from 2.1.18
onwards.

--
Cheers,                                         I could maybe do one pilate.
Rick Moen                                       -- Matt Watson (@biorhythmist)