:: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Oc…
Author: Plasma
To: devuan-dev
Subject: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Oct. 24, 2018
And now for your kind attention, the devuan-dev meet notes from
Wednesday, October 24th, 2018.

plasma41

# Devuan meet Oct. 24, 2018 @20:30 UTC

Pad is here: https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/1/edit/ZTpmCImcjyJm+ODvmQTS1A/HfA7Il4aQ3R-EwyQ8MD0O4Kc/

Meet here: https://vdc.dyne.org/devuan
   * Please post notes prior to the meet.
   * Please add your name as 'Present' below when you get to the
     meet.
   * When adding a comment in someone else's notes, please
     pre-pend your name like this: (whoever) whatever . . .

Present: golinux, RickMoen, duncan, fsmithred, plasma41, rrq, KatolaZ,
CenturionDan, blinkdog

## Old Business
- d1conf first announcement:
https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/1/edit/Cr447i-kZTo07uzPbg7UsQ/KsnnAcL5dCwnUkb8YoJD6LrS/
- d1conf planning
https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/1/edit/lSWG6jS9TqtJdk3iUoHzsA/Fmgq2gMR+OCUA8aEQ1TY59iG/

## Old Actions

### rrq
- trying to get a workable image upload path for AWS. I'm struggling to
get the kernel version accepted, which appears to be a well-known
issue. (It's their uploading scripts that have some kind of kernel
test, for no apparent reason). The renewed cloud-init seems to be
fine, but maybe I need to set up a hosting platform of my own to at
least verify that part.

## New Business
- discussion of cooperation with Debian devs and tools needed to make
it happen.
- complete d1conf preliminary announcement for internal feedback.
Would help to have a range of possible admission cost

### plasma41
- A response on the devuan-dev list to the tongue-in-cheek proposal last
meeting for Devuan to support unit files:
https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20181024.083713.91ece1bc.en.html

### KatolaZ
- worked on sysvinit for Debian -- we might have the first build in
  Debian/experimental within a few days
  - (plasma41) sysvinit is listed as RFA
    Are you considering becoming the (co)maintainer?
    - (KatolaZ) yes, I know, that is the main reason why they claimed
      that it should be removed. And yes, I volunteer to co-maintain it
      if needed.
- worked on util-linux (needed in ceres -- currently blocks builds)

### Centurion_Dan
- worked on devuan-baptise
  - discovered how to utilise sd-notify where packages are built against
    lib systemd
    - can be used to provide supervision/monitoring of daemon status
  - gained a better view of the extent of and operational designs of
    socket activation
    - this will take some work to translate that into useful
      init configs.
  - (gl) The name still sucks

## New Actions
- Send announcement for d1conf by end of Oct.
- Set up web registration for d1conf