著者: Steve Litt
To: dng
題目: [DNG] Everyone OK for using the logger program for runit logging?
Hi all,

With runit, you can either use the "runit way" of recording log files,
in which one looks in the daemon's run directory for something
called .main, or you can use one of several logging programs. I'm using
logger, and a Devuan ASCII VM guest I downloaded has the logger program
and I didn't install it.

The logger program appears to put messages with the correct timestamp,
correct tag, and message, in the proper log file. This log file
was /var/log/messages for logins to ssh.

I have to choose one method of doing logs for Devuan's daemon log run
scripts. Is doing it with the logger program OK with you?

SteveT

Steve Litt
September 2018 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz