:: Re: [devuan-dev] ZFS Packages
Author: KatolaZ
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] ZFS Packages
On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 01:57:46PM -0600, Chris Dos wrote:
> On 10/14/18 12:20 PM, Daniel Reurich wrote:
> > Hi Chris,
> >
> > I'm happy to build the packages starting with experimental (and once
> > your happy it's working correctly, promote them to ceres and eventually
> > testing (beowulf)
> >
> > I'd also suggest that as a bug fix this should go into ascii via
> > ascii-proposed -> ascii rather tnen ascii-backports.
> >
> > KatolaZ and Jaromil, does this sound reasonable?
>
> I'll leave it in your capable hands then. I'll test them once they are up.
>
> I think it would be good to put the 0.7.x* series in jessie-backports as well.
> When 0.8.* is released, then just Ascii and Beowulf would probably be best.

Hi,

the only recommendation is to keep the same version as in Debian both
in jessie and in ascii (so the packages should come through
*-proposed) and maybe backport newer versions. It's not good to force
new stuff to users in the main suites of stable (and old-stable)
releases, even if it is an important fix, IMHO.

My2Cents

KatolaZ