:: Re: [DNG] OpenRC and Runit without …
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] OpenRC and Runit without SysVinit packages
On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 03:24:44 +0000
alecfeldman@??? wrote:

> 1. Split the runit package into separate packages with alternate
> stage files.
>
> 2. Provide a configuration file for how runit should act. For
> instance, if openrc or sysvinit is installed, runit can depend
> on /etc/init.d and /etc/rc*.d scripts for booting.

On a related note, I think the best way of acquiring runit run files is
to install Void Linux on a VM, install all the various daemons, and
then view the run files in /etc/sv/$daemonname/run.

Void has had enough time supporting runit that most of their run files
work great. The exceptions usually assume device names that shouldn't
be assumed.

Devuan could thus acquire a whole bunch of run scripts and not have to
beg the upstreams to do it.

SteveT

Steve Litt
September 2018 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz