:: Re: [DNG] systemd and ssh-server
Author: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] systemd and ssh-server
On 25.07.2018 09:11, Hleb Valoshka wrote:

> It's required just to notify systemd that sshd is running, so in
> systemd-less system it's nop. So mostly libsystemd0 is harmless.

Is it that the original libsystemd0, which tries to talk to systemd
via desktop-bus ?

Or is it a patched version, where functions like sd_notify() are
really noop ?

> Currently Devuan team doesn't have enough man power to fork every
> single package just to cleanup its dependencies.

Just had a quick look at the deb src. It's just a simple patch
added by debian. Shouldn't be a big deal to fix that.

The only thing, IMHO, we need to do is monitoring new deb releases
(eg. some automatic notification), re-apply our systemd-removal
package and rebuild that thing.

Am I missing something ?

--mtx