:: [DNG] Debian Sid -> Devuan Ceres at…
Author: m712
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Debian Sid -> Devuan Ceres attempt: some issues
Hi, I recently tried to move my debian sid laptop to devuan ceres. Here's what I did:

apt install sysvinit-core
reboot
apt purge systemd
nvim /etc/apt/sources.list (changed to ceres repos with [ allow-insecure=yes ])
apt update
apt install devuan-keyring
nvim /etc/apt/sources.list (removed insecure)
apt update
apt dist-upgrade (10 packages)
reboot

At this point everything seemed fine (I had to kill dbus-reply when apt was installing before since it just hanged). Then I tried to install eudev and openrc.

apt install eudev openrc

At this point openrc warned me to reboot immediately, so I did.
Now, at boot it seems like first openrc starts (OpenRC 0.38 is booting Devuan GNU/Linux), but after

* Caching service dependencies...

The boot reverts to sysvinit-style

[ ok ] Starting xxx: done.

messages. And now 2 of my LVM volumes have disappeared. lvdisplay reports 4 volumes and "sudo vgchange -aay" reports

4 volumes in group "main" now active

though, however the device nodes aren't created, so I suspect this is an eudev problem. What can I do now?
           m712
--
https://nextchan.org -- https://gitgud.io/blazechan/blazechan
I am awake between 3AM-8PM UTC, HMU if the site's broken