:: [devuan-dev] About packages.devuan.…
Author: KatolaZ
To: devuan-dev
Subject: [devuan-dev] About packages.devuan.org ang *.mirror.devuan.org
Dear D1devs,

tl;dr:
    we have migrated packages.devuan.org and *.mirror.devuan.org
    to amprolla3.

This was part of the plan, only accelerated by the old amprolla
getting broken due to the update of a python lib. Everything works
fine now. More details below.

HND

KatolaZ

-+-+-+-

Yesterday we had a few people reporting errors in using
packages.devuan.org and/or *.mirror.devuan.org. A closer inspection
revealed that amprolla was not running connectly, with the result of
release files remaining untouched, hence having expired. Dan and I
tracked the issue down to a newer version of the deb822 python lib,
which comes with ascii and somehow broke compatibility with the
runs was updated to ascii a few days ago (this was one of the last
machines still running jessie), and we didn't notice the breakage
earlier.

Since we had planned to decommision the old amprolla anyway (amprolla3
is ways faster and easier to maintain), we decided that time had come,
and went for a new amprolla3 deployment.

The deployment was pretty seamless and straightforward (a big thank to
parazyd for the great work there). The new configuration works exactly
as the one which has been merging for pkgmaster.devuan.org, the only
difference being that it signs the repo files with the old signing
key. As a result, the only remaining services that needs to be moved
to the Devuan infra are ci.devuan.org and dak. More details on the
setup will be included in the infra documentation repo.

We still need to implement a couple of tweaks, but the system is up
and running again.

-+-+-+-